Monday, May 23, 2011

The Daily Nickel

1. Help is on the way. It's taken a long time, but Josh and Nellie finally look like they'll be joining the Rangers lineup today. Wash has some tough decisions to make with who to option down to Triple A and how to piece together his lineup now. The D-Fdub is rooting for Endy Chavez to stay and man center field IF Washington insists on playing Hamilton in left field again. That means Craig Gentry gets optioned to Triple A and probably Taylor Teagarden as well. Hopefully, Wash will make the right call and put Hamilton in center field, so we can have Nellie in left, Hamilton in center, and Moreland in right. That's some heavy hitters in the outfield and a good way to solve the hitting ills that are plaguing the Rangers.

2. A look back at my Mavs vs Thunder roster breakdown. Originally, I had the Thunder with an advantage at point guard, shooting guard, and small forward. I also determined that the Mavs had the better power forward and center. I'll stand by all my comments that I made last Monday but one.....the Mavs have the better point guard. Westbrook has scored effectively in some games, but Kidd's overall floor game and defense have vaulted him above the Thunder's dynamic point guard.

3. A look back at my Prediction from last week. I had the Mavs in six and I still think that is a strong possibility. I'm actually leaning towards the Mavs in five right now, but you never know what David Stern is going to do with his band of crooked refs. Stern and his gestapo did everything they could to make the Mavs lose, but Dirk and the boys were just too good. Dallas shot only 18 free throws to Oklahoma City's 36, and a lot of the Mavs' free throws came at the end of the game when the Thunder were trying to foul to stop the clock.

4. Danny Crawford is scheduled to ref game four. The Mavs won't win this one with Ref Enemy # 1 rigging things. I'm definitely sticking to Mavs in Six.

5. What's going to be more entertaining? You have two choices tonight on what to watch. You can either view the return of Hambone and Nellie to the Rangers lineup or you can watch the Mavs against the Thunder in Game Four. If I had to pick, I'd go with the Mavs, but fortunately, I have DvR so I don't have to pick. I'm watching both. Go MavRangers!

No comments:

Post a Comment