Friday, May 6, 2011

The Daily Nickel

Friday Morning "D-Fdub Emailage" Concerning the Mavs vs Lakers Tonight

1. Nathan kicks things off with the first e-mail:
"I think we’ll see a heavy dose of Matt Barnes defending Dirk tonight and straight thugging it up. If he gets called for 5 or 6 fouls the Mavs win, if they swallow their whistles and he gets less than that, Lakers steal one. Charles Barkley is a prophet."


2. It takes Gonzo less than a minute to respond with this:
"This is why I didn't want ROn ROn to get suspended.... Don't rock the boat! Dirk is so hot! (ok, he didn't say the part about Dirk, but would you be surprised if he did?)"

3. Hunter finally rolls out of bed to interject with this bit of insight:
"Gonzo could look just like Matt Barnes if he went 'street' and got tatted up. I also think that Dirk will abuse Barnes but I think Bynum gets 15+shots tonight, which will be the real difference maker. Lakers win in a close one."

4. Nathan responds with the following:
"Yesterday you said Gonzo could look just like Osama if he grew a beard and wore a turban....we get it, he's the guy from Super Troopers....not funny."

5. I finally weigh in with my two cents:
"Our President doesn't wear a turban and he doesn't have a beard either? How would those things help Gonzo look like our President? I'm leery of another NBA conspiracy that hoses the Mavs again. The NBA loves Phil, the Lakers, and Kobe, so I'd be surprised if Fuhrer Stern and his Gestapo allow us to win both of these next two games at home. I'm sticking with my original prediction of Mavs in Six. That means they lose tonight, though."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment