Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Daily Nickel

Reporter:  If you carried a backpack around
                     like KD, what would be in it?           
Dirk:  A massive supply of NZT                      
1.  Bird is a poor man's Dirk - 48 pts on 15 attempts is freaking absurd.  He made 36 of 39 combined FGs and FTs.  Everybody but Nate Robinson took a turn on him and he was equally abusive to each.  His hair was beautiful as ever.  A couple weeks back a friend who claims to be a Bulls fan told me she doesnt watch anymore bc "after Jordan retired, I just couldnt make myself care."  I didnt understand then.  Now I think I do....

2.  Where does he rank all-time - The conversation of Dirk's place among the all-time greats is coming up more and more these playoffs and like every Mavs fan, I want to rank Dirk higher than most.  In his book put out a couple years ago, Bill Simmons ranked Dirk 37th best player ever.  Given the rankings of other great current guys like Bron, its obvious these ranks were "as of today."  Anyway, looking at the upper end of the rankings, there is no way I will rank Dirk lower than 15 when his career is over.  Maybe even top 10.  Would love to ask Bill where he would re-rank Dirk.  Remember, this is the same guy that predicts Dirk to finish #6 on the all-time scoring list....


3.  Iverson is a poor man's Barea - Place that towards the top of my "things I never thought I'd hear" list.  The Mavs havent lost since April 23 and Mr Universe has been a major reason why.  Apparently, this guy feels the same way.....http://www.mp3twit.com/b5V


Reporter: Kevin, what do you carry in that backpack?
Durant:  The Oklahoma City Thunder                            

4.  Sucky things - The refs last night and the fact that I'll be watching the Mavs on ESPN all-series rather than TNT.  I miss Kenny and the Chuckster.  CWebb, not so much.

5.  I will give $1 to anyone who can explain what Dirk's 2 fingers on his wrist hand signal thing after a win means.  Please, I need to know... (UPDATE - GOT IT)

No comments:

Post a Comment